- Islam must be rescued from its religion-image. Islam is a Deen, a life-view, a total ideology though it has religious aspects (rituals or nusuk)
- Whatever you say, practicality, pragmatism or applicability – it is the most important aspect for any ideology including Islam.
- The more secular, the more ritualistic.
- Hadith is necessary for understanding of the Quran and fiqh is a must for understanding of the Hadith collection.
- Any matter concerned with social behavior (muamalat), is rationalizable. Only rituals (ibadat) are not fully rationalizable.
- Beliefs (Iman) are nothing but rational conclusions including the declaration of Islam (Kalema tayyeba).
- Healthy concepts are built on authenticity of textual references as well as context, consistency and comprehensiveness. So, authentic references from Quran and Hadith are not enough for the proper understanding of Islam and Islamic movement.
Here is the link of the original post